LASER AFTER CARE
- Immediately after the treatment there may be redness and bumps on the treated area, which generally goes away in a few minutes or hours. It is normal for the treated area to feel like a sunburn during this time, for discomfort you may apply cold packs or aloe vera gel. Make sure there is no alcohol in the aloe vera gel. Darker pigmented skin may have more discomfort than lighter skin and may require more aloe vera gel.
- Exfoliate treated areas the following day with a scrub for the next 2 weeks, the dead hair will take up to 2 weeks to fallout.
- DO NOT wax, tweeze or do any threading on the treated area. Shaving or using a depilatory cream is fine to remove the hair.
- SPF any of the areas that were treated with the laser. Avoid excess heat from the sun, tanning beds, saunas, hot tubs, hot baths and hot showers for 72 hours after your laser hair removal treatment. This extra heat following your treatment can result in an over treatment of the area which can lead to adverse reactions.
- Shave and remove any make up or lotions on the areas that will be treated before you come in for your treatment.
- Keep in mind most clients will see 70%-90% of hair clearance after 6 consecutive treatments, however results may vary and additional treatments may be required. Treatments are most effective when spaced 6 to 8 weeks apart.